What to do when someone dies?
However much we are expecting it, death is always a shock. When death is unexpected, or the person is very young, it can be overwhelmingly painful.
Steps to take when someone close is dying or has recently died.
- Call a priest
- Sacrament for the sick
- Confession, Anointing and Holy Communion
- Pray with the person
- What if someone dies suddenly?
- What if the dying person is not Catholic?
- Arranging the funeral
- What is important?
- Our death is linked to our baptism
- Different forms of a funeral
- Involving family and relatives
- The final journey to heaven
- Burial or cremation
- How to cope afterwards