For this year’s Share Lent, Development and Peace is encouraging us to come together for peace!
You will find inspiring testimonials in the Mini-magazine distributed in church today.
During this first week, our search for peace takes us to Cambodia to meet ICSO, a Development and Peace partner that works with minority Indigenous communities to help them have their rights recognized by the government, defend their land against corporate interests, and develop sustainable economic activities that enable them to live with dignity.
To find out more about Share Lent and D&P Lindsay please contact Dorothy Carroll at 705-324-7750
Recent entries in our D&P topic
- Development & Peace News week 7 16 February 2018
- Development & Peace week 6 - 9 February 2018
- Development and Peace - Caritas Canada 8 December 2017
- Development & Peace Corner 3 November 2017
- Development & Peace Corner 27 October 2017
- Women at the Heart of Peace 9 September 2017
- Development & Peace 28 April 2017
- Development And Peace - Caritas Canada 21 April 2017
- Development & Peace 31 March 2017
- Development & Peace 25 March 2017
Development and Peace (The Canadian Catholic Organization for Development and Peace) is the official international development organization of the Catholic Church in Canada and the Canadian member of Caritas Internationalis. Development and Peace is a membership led organization supported by parish collections, individual donations and government grants, principally from the Canadian International Development Agency.
Our mission is to support partners in the Global South who promote alternatives to unfair social, political and economic structures, and educate the Canadian population about the causes of poverty and mobilize Canadians towards actions for change. In the struggle for human dignity, the organization forms alliances with northern and southern groups working for social change. It also supports women in their search for social and economic justice.